The IS MBSE&DE is inviting applications for the 2022 Best PhD Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to no more than 3 PhD students who will contribute to the systems engineering domain and produce a thesis with highly anticipated academic potential in the domain of systems engineering. The applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee led by academic track chairs and industrial track chairs.
Eligibility and Requirements
The candidate must be a PhD student who will produce a thesis with highly anticipated academic potential in two years.
The PhD thesis must be their original work.
The PhD thesis must be defended after 2021.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- An executive summary of the PhD research proposal of around 3000 words in English
- A letter from the PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award
- The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis
- An electronic copy of the PhD thesis
- A scanned copy of the PhD student proofment (or certificate of studying at a school or research institute as a PhD student going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses)
- Quality of resume and publications
- Relevance of the candidate and research description
- Novelty of the candidate’s PhD proposal
- Strength of the recommendation letter
- Anticipated academic potential
- Originality and impact of the research
- Bonus (RMB 5000)
The application deadline is AUGUST 23, 2023. The winner will be announced on the IS MBSE&DE committee.